We focus on air quality and greenhouse gas issues including:
- Issue specific scientific research, data analysis and data interpretation covering criteria pollutants, hazardous air pollutants and greenhouse gases
- Publication of peer-reviewed research in scientific journals
- Emission inventory development and guidance.
- Regulatory advocacy to ensure that the best science is included in the regulatory process
- Technical evaluation and comments on proposed state or federal regulations
- Technical evaluation and comments on state and federal air quality models, emission inventories, and emission tools
- Impact assessment of emerging regulatory issues
- Guidance on the development of advocacy strategies
- Facilitation of collaborations between industry, trade organizations and academic researchers
Our modeling capabilities include:
- A simulator of hydrocarbon emissions from onshore oil and gas production equipment that predicts emissions at very high temporal resolutions. This simulator is driven by oil and gas production volume, equipment setup and hydrocarbon composition and currently includes methane, ethane, propane and butane emissions.
- A national inventory of oil and gas wells by state that includes production equipment counts, production volume, federal and state control requirements, and emission estimates for methane. This model has been used to estimate the costs and emission benefits associated with regulatory actions.
- Near-field dispersion modeling